9 Tips for Successful Staging
Staging a home can bring it to life for potential buyers to help them envision their amazing future in the home! It takes a little bit of work but it is time well spent.
To generate actual interest in your new listing, you will need to do more than declutter. The key to a quick sale at the highest price is to strategically stage your home. Here are some tried-and-true tricks for home sellers.
- Depersonalize: While your home likely has lots of personal effects like photos and mementos scattered throughout, now’s the time to pack them away. Once finished, store the boxes outside the home to keep closets and storage spaces roomier.
- Let in Light: For photos, virtual tours and showings, open your window treatments to let in as much light as possible. And turn on lights, replacing any non-working bulbs or fixtures. Don’t forget to amp up the wattage for an even brighter, more welcoming space.
- Go Big: Professional designers use secrets like painting connecting rooms the same color to make them appear bigger. You may even want to continue a room same color theme in the window treatments for a more seamless and spacious look.
- Rearrange Rooms: Having too much furniture is a big no-no. Remove excess pieces then float your furniture to make the room cozier by pulling pieces into conversation-friendly arrangements. If items are outdated or worn, consider rentals.
- Use Unused Spaces: Many homes have nooks and crannies that sit empty, or even whole rooms without a purpose. Turn these spots into defined spaces like a reading nook or yoga space with just a few items.
- Neutralize Bold Colors: You may love your wall colors but that doesn’t mean potential buyers will. Let them imagine their items in the space by making walls a blank canvas with neutral tones. And that doesn’t mean just white or tan – there are lots of hues that will work.
- Get Creative with Art: Many homeowners hang artwork at standard heights and in conventional spaces. To show off your pieces and your place, vary the placement and even consider moving work from one room to another to keep things interesting.
- Top Off with Special Touches: While candles and scents can be overwhelming, make your home more welcoming with simple touches like a fruit display or floral arrangement. For an easy, inexpensive lift, steal some fresh clippings from your yard.
- Get Outside: Don’t forget that staging starts before buyers enter your home. Make sure to keep your grass and hedges cut, plant some flowers and make sure outdoor furniture, walkways and your house exterior is clean.
As you get ready to sell, these tips can help you showcase your home in the best light. Ready to get started?